Thursday, January 15, 2009

WaLe


I am absolutely addicted to noodles. I love the slurp and the texture. And I love how it fills the stomach but not too much. Just nice. Room for dessert. :D

On my travels to Bandung, Indonesia, a local who is a friend of the family's, took us to a place up on a hill. The place is called Warong Lela, but to the locals, it is best known as WaLe.

Situated along the scenic side of Bandung (Bandung is a shopping haven, hence, VERY busy), the owner of WaLe's house is converted into a restaurant. Craved teak decor. Green rolling hills. And great food. These are wonderful combination for those looking for a not-so-heavy lunch amidst the shopping craziness that they have endured in town.

Less than half and hour from the shopping district of Dago, WaLe offers a variety of Bakso or Baso (I've been told that Bakso or Baso can be defined as 'traditional Indonesian noodles') and other meals. My ultimate favourite has to be Yamien Manis Special.

Can't say much. It's beyond words.

When in Bandung, ask a driver to take you here.

Jalan Kupa No. 6
Rancakendal
Bandung

022 250 1396

No comments: